Medical Social Workers
Medical Social Workers can help clients and family members in coping with difficult situations associated with illness or disability. In many ways, we become the extension of your family by providing you with the emotional and administrative support during a health crisis.
Services provided by Medical Social Workers include:
- Advance Directives (Power of Attorney for Health Care or Living Will)
- Hospital Discharge Arrangements in Behalf of Client
- Rehabilitative Care Planning
- Psychosocial Assessment and Support
- Arranging Foster Care for Minors
- Helping Surviving Family Members Cope with Death or Illness
- Bereavement Support
- Counseling for Family Members
- Coordinating Post-Hospitalization Treatment
- Guidance on Healthcare Policies
- Planning Alternative Living or Supported Living
- Finding Fund Sources for Health Care
Please call 805-522-1420 for inquiries on how to get started with services. We can also conduct a free health needs assessment by a registered nurse or a care coordinator. This is a critical step in planning the level of care that you will be provided with at home.